The Igloo Water Cooler and Dispenser is a water dispenser that will provide you with a very quick and easy way to hydrate. Most of us are chronically dehydrated and this can create a host of long and short term health issues. Using a water cooler gives you a very convenient way to get more water in your system and enjoy a refreshing boost of energy. In this Igloo Water Cooler and Dispenser review, we’ll explore whether this is the right product for you.
Design and Features
To look at, the Igloo Water Cooler and Dispenser is not a particularly exciting product. Some of the other water dispensers we have reviewed feature more impressive or exciting designs, but this one is more of a rectangular box with a bottle on top. While that might not sound terribly inspired, the good news is that it looks a lot like a water cooler. That means that it has that classic feel that so many of us associate with office jobs.
Again, might not sound that exciting but it does have a certain retro appeal and serves as quite a fun novelty. It’s also not ostentatious and will happily blend into any room that you place it in. We like this about it a lot. Of course it also means that it will look perfectly at home when added to an actual office space!
The Igloo Water Cooler and Dispenser is a water dispenser first and foremost. That means that it will provide you with an easy and convenient way to get water around your home. It takes a 5 gallon water bottle on top, which should be more than enough for a large family to enjoy a whole day of drinking.
Ideas On How To Use It
- Keep it in your bedroom and that way have easy access to water during the night. Ideal for people who wake up feeling thirsty, or who struggle with halitosis due to a dry mouth.
- Keep it in a home office! If you want to be as productive as possible, then it’s important not to keep getting up in order to drink water. Adding a water cooler to a home office is an excellent idea as that way you can grab a glass to keep yourself going, with no need to keep getting up and going to the bathroom – thus breaking your ‘flow’.
- Use it at garden parties. This product is ideal for parties as it provides you with a way to serve cold water to your guests. We’ll see in a moment though, that it is also useful for more than that!
The product can help to either cool or heat up your water. This is a common function of water dispensers.
The Ice Dispenser
Where the Igloo Water Cooler and Dispenser goes one step above though, is in also offering ice making capabilities. The cooler is capable of making 26lbs of ice per day. It can take anywhere from 7 minutes to 12 minutes to create new ice, depending on the ambient temperature. This means that you can offer ice for glasses and it makes this into the perfect choice for hosting garden parties! While everyone is outside enjoying the sun or a barbeque, you can add ice to their glasses. You can also do the same for yourself, if you just need cooling down.
Ice might likewise come in handy for icing bruises and cuts, or for creating slushies! In other words, there are a lot of great reasons to be able to make ice.
- Neutral look ideal for every house hold
- Has a built-in ice maker
- Hot water capabilities reach almost 200 degrees
- Can cool up to 4 liters of water per hour
- There are separate buttons for both hot and cold functions
- People looking for a more attractive looking dispenser won’t like it
- Can only take a 5 gallon water bottle
Consider too that there is no filtration here. We shouldn’t hold that against the product, as that is not what it is designed as – and it’s not something that everyone will need either. But what is worth considering, is that there are products available that will do all this and also filter your water. If that’s something you’re interested in, then do some more research or check out our other reviews.